TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms & conditions are for students who are applying to attend Blyth Academy Florence as a day student for a term, semester (two terms), or full year, or for non-Canadian students planning to stay in residence.
If you are a Canadian resident and plan to stay in residence, please click here, or contact our admissions team for more information about your registration process at email@example.com.
- All cancellations must be made in writing.
- Registration fees are non-refundable under any circumstance.
- Deposit payments are non-refundable under any circumstance.
- Tuition fees (excluding deposit payments) paid are fully refundable up until 90 days prior to the commencement of the first course taken.
- Fees for term 1 and/or full-year students are due in full June 1st.
- There is no reduction or refund of tuition or fees for absence, withdrawal, or expulsion during the school year.
- If making quarterly payments, fees owed for future terms are due 30 days prior to the subsequent term.
- Admission and final grade placement are decided by the school at the school’s sole discretion, after the evaluation of the student’s application. The school reserves the right to require additional evaluation information, tutoring and/or placement in special programs.
- Admission is for an entire school year, or from the time a student is admitted to the end of that school year.
- The school reserves the right at any time during the school year to expel a student.
- An NSF fee of €50 will be applied to all cheques processed with insufficient funds.
- Late payments will be assessed a $50 surcharge for failure to pay by the date(s) specified on all invoices.
- Tuition fees do not include the following: registration fee, local transport, lunches, textbooks and school supplies, materials fee, optional excursions, and special events.
- 5-day and 7-day boarding fees include two (2) meals per day
- Blyth Academy Florence will be closed during the winter break (Dec – Jan) and students will not have the option to remain in residence
- Acceptance of the application by the school constitutes a binding contract between the school and the student’s parent(s) and/or guardian(s), and gives rise to a legal obligation for the signatories, for which the signatories are jointly and separately liable, to comply with the terms & conditions and to pay the entire tuition and fees as specified in the above schedule, when billed by the school.
- This agreement is governed by Italian law. For any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this agreement the courts of Florence, Italy, shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Although the diplomas granted by Blyth Academy Florence are recognized internationally and allow access to universities worldwide, they do not have legal value in Italy.