Frequently Asked Questions
How do the students choose which subjects they will study?
During enrolment students will meet with an academic advisor who will guide them through the course selection process and who will help them create an academic pathway that takes into consideration their future academic and career goals.
What is Blyth Academy Florence’s teaching philosophy?
Blyth Academy believes in experiential education both inside and outside of the classroom. We strive for innovative delivery of course material and the creation of meaningful learning experiences through partnerships with museums, galleries and other organizations supporting independent study courses.
Is it possible to enrol now for 2019 or 2020?
Yes, Blyth Academy Florence accepts applications for future academic years.
Are students required to wear a uniform?
At this point, Blyth Academy students do not wear uniforms, however this is subject to change.
Does Blyth Academy Florence specialize in a certain area?
Blyth Academy Florence is a liberal arts school encompassing various academic subjects such as literature, philosophy, mathematics, and social and physical sciences.
Can students complete part of their studies elsewhere?
Our Beliefs about Education
Since 1977, Blyth Academy has been devoted to the education of young people. As our newest international school, Blyth Academy Florence will reflect our core beliefs about education:
- Essential to learning and growth are care and empathy for students on academic, intellectual and personal levels.
- Interactions between staff and students are grounded in respect, integrity and a striving for excellence
- A broad, balanced and manageable curriculum is the foundation of life-long learning
- Authentic experiential learning requires curiosity, creativity, engagement and innovative thinking
- A school should engage the whole person through academic, social and wellness activities
- A healthy school is rooted in the community and is founded on values of safety, humility, empathy, caring, sensitivity and inclusion