Blyth Academy offers a program of scholarships and bursaries for our full-time students. The scholarships are based on our recognition of excellence and our belief in accessible educational opportunities for all. The scholarship committee looks for students with financial need who have a good academic record, a desire to succeed and who have demonstrated community and/or school involvement.
FINANCIAL AID CRITERIA
To apply to the Needs-based financial aid program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a student who is financially restricted and would have difficulty or be unable to otherwise participate in the program.
- Be a Grade 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 student in good academic standing.
- Show solid community and school involvement
- Exhibit strong leadership characteristics and personal integrity
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION SHOULD INCLUDE
- Blyth Academy Scholarship Application Form.
- Short Essay: Please provide a 500 word essay explaining why you would like to study abroad and how you believe you will contribute to your chosen program.
- Program registration, including deposit & registration fee.
Click here for registration instructions or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to register and pay.
Note: If your scholarship application is declined or the financial aid amount is insufficient to allow you to travel with Blyth Academy, you can request, and will receive, a full refund, including the deposit and registration fee.
- Most recent report card – most recent report card or transcript showing final grades.
- One reference letter: A letter from either a teacher or a leader in your community.
- Letter of financial need: A personal letter from a parent/guardian outlining your financial need. The parent letter of financial need must be signed by the parent.
- T4 or equivalent tax assessment: Most recent statements of remuneration for both parents (or legal guardians).
Applicants will be contacted to confirm the application has been received.
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION DEADLINES
Complete and submit your application by July 1st, 2018. Applicants who apply after this date will be considered if there are scholarship funds still available. Applicants can expect a response to their application within 30 days of submission.
FINANCIAL AID ASSESSMENT PROCESS
Once the application is received by Blyth Academy you will receive a confirmation email. The application will then be assessed based on need and completeness of the application.
Best of luck to all of our applicants!
Successful applicants will be notified of the amount of financial aid offered, and will have time to reflect and decide if they wish to proceed with registration. Offers of scholarship amount will be sent to the parent/guardian and student via email. The parent/guardian must accept or decline the offer of aid in writing. No student acceptance will be valid.
Email or Fax complete applications to:
Blyth Academy Florence Financial Aid Committee
- Discounts, special offers, and financial aid/scholarships cannot be combined. This includes all early booking incentives.
- Financial aid cannot be awarded in cash.