Blyth Academy strongly believes in the value of education abroad and the impact it has on students’ academic and professional futures. We believe in making our programs accessible to all students, and therefore provide financial aid opportunities for students attending Blyth Academy Florence.
The Blyth Academy Financial Aid Award is a flexible monetary award that can be applied to payment for one, two, three, or all four terms of the Blyth Academy Florence program. It aims to celebrate and reward student academic achievement and a demonstrated commitment to school life.
FINANCIAL AID CRITERIA
To apply to the program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a student between the ages of 14-19
- Must hold a valid passport for the duration of studies in Florence, where applicable
- Must be in good academic standing at the time of application and at time of departure
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION DEADLINES
Financial Aid awards will be granted on a rolling basis, as applications are received. Financial Aid will be awarded until all funds are allocated or the deadline passes, whichever comes first.
- The deadline for Term 1 & Full Year enrolment financial aid applications is May 15.
- The deadline for Term 2 enrolment financial aid applications is August 15.
- The deadline for Term 3 enrolment financial aid applications is November 30.
- The deadline for Term 4 enrolment financial aid applications is February 15.
Mail, email, or fax completed application to:
Blyth Academy Florence Financial Aid Committee
160 Avenue Road, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2H8
Fax: (416) 960-9506
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION SHOULD INCLUDE
- 2018/2019 application form
- Including program deposit, registration fee, and any insurance selected. Note: If your scholarship application is declined or the financial aid amount is insufficient to allow you to travel with Blyth Academy, you can request, and will receive, a full refund, including the deposit and registration fee.
- Financial Aid Application Form
- Short Essay – Please provide a 500-word essay explaining why you would like to study abroad and how you believe you will contribute to your chosen program.
- Most recent report card – most recent report card or transcript showing final grades.
- One reference letter – a letter from either a teacher or a leader in your community.
- Letter of financial need – a personal letter from a parent/guardian outlining your financial need. The letter of financial need must be signed by the parent/guardian.
- T4 or equivalent tax assessment – most recent statements of remuneration for both parents (or legal guardians).
Financial aid applications should be made in English, where applicable.
FINANCIAL AID ASSESSMENT PROCESS
Once the application has been received by Blyth Academy, you will receive a confirmation email. The application will then be assessed based on need and completeness of the application. A response will be sent by email within two weeks of the application being received.
Best of luck to all our applicants!