Careers at Blyth Academy Florence
Teacher, Blyth Academy Florence - Social Science
Reports to: Head of School
Blyth Academy is a growing private school offering a full-day program as well as private courses, evening, weekend and summer programs. Blyth Academy focuses on personalized education, small class sizes, and experiential learning. This unique approach to education has met with enthusiastic response and success among students and parents since we opened our doors 40 years ago.
Blyth Academy offers an academic experience that is significantly different from other private and public schools. Our approach is designed to fully engage the students in the academic process with a genuine learning experience founded upon curiosity, creativity, and innovative thinking.
Designed as boutique schools, Blyth Academy’s limited enrollment per campus enables teachers and staff to provide personalized teaching and individual care both in and out of class. Students also benefit from the opportunity to study in any of our 14 Ontario campuses, as well as abroad via Blyth Academy Global High School, Blyth Academy International Summers, Blyth Academy Qatar, Blyth-Templeton Academy Washington and Blyth Academy Online. Our teachers have the opportunity to take part in all our programs.
We are seeking a highly qualified, dynamic mathematics and Science teachers to join our new school in Florence, Italy, opening in September 2017. If you feel that you have the qualifications we require, and would like to be a part of a dynamic, progressive experience in new high school, we invite you to apply. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
• Teaching Qualification from Canada or UK (required)
• Italian or European Passport
• Outstanding expertise in specified subject area(s)
• Innovative curriculum delivery
• Demonstrated an engaging teaching style for a small-class-size environment
• Provided students with various experiential learning opportunities
• Maintained frequent and effective communication with students, parents and administration
• Be an actively engaged with the staff team
Reports to: Head of School
Primary Role: The Residence Supervisors are responsible for the supervision, discipline and safety of students who live in the residence. They are also responsible for the day-to-day operation of all aspects of the residence.
This is a 10-month, part time position that requires shift work, both during the day and at night. Supervisors will be granted the use of a bedroom while they are on duty.
• Supervises students from the time school has ended to the time school starts the next morning.
• Supervises students in residence on weekends.
• Supervises students at dinner, whether on school premises or off site.
• Monitors students signing out and in during free time. Monitors and activates door buzzer for student entry.
• Ensures that all students are safely in residence at curfew; notifies Head of School if otherwise and follows set procedures.
• Deals with any emergencies that arise and coordinates accordingly with the Head of School, other staff/students.
• Shops for breakfast foods and supplies.
• Supervises students during breakfast/accompanies students to off site breakfast.
• Coordinates linen laundry service with Campus Administrator.
• Communicates important information with other Residence Supervisors through residence log.
• Engages students and creates a positive, inclusive and safe living atmosphere.
• Coordinates use of laundry facilities by students.
• Accompanies students on medical visits.
• Abide by Residence Supervisor Code of ConductQualifications and Qualities:
• Must be fluent in English and Italian.
• Must be legally eligible to work in Italy.
• Must have excellent local knowledge of Florence.
• Excellent organization, communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Must be responsible, trustworthy and able to maintain a professional distance from students while living closely with them.
• Must have appropriate police and child abuse checks
• Experience working closely with students in a residential environment an asset.